Creative Writing: Describe a person who has changed the way you see yourself.

Comments

  1. My closest friend Dasha,whom I know since kindergarten, was always a very kind-hearted and energetic person who loved spending time with me and her family. Furthermore she had a dream to become an architect as she had the biggest creative potential I have ever seen. Apart from that, she had been studying a lot just to make her dream come true. But sooner things started to go badly.

    When she got the courage to tell her parents that she wants to study architecture, they weren't really happy to hear such things from their daughter. They had always wanted her to become a lawyer, so without any hesitation, they sent her to study law against her will.
    When I visited her I was literally shocked. She had lost the sparkle in her eyes, her hair had gone grey and she was a shadow of her former self. She rarely smiled to me and it wasn't the same Dasha I had known for 10 years. And needless to say, I was really worried about her situation, so I went to speak with her parents. It was a long talk, but at the end they gave up and let their daughter to study architecture.

    Five months passed, and now, every time when I see her I realise how your dream can change you and people around. The change in Dasha is amazing. She is very energetic and has a spring in her step as she did before. She always smiles and enjoys what she's doing. And now, I'm truly happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a transformation of my very close fiend and neighbor. She has always been very outgoing, fun loving and had a lot of friends. But when she was getting older, she met people who had a bad influence on her. They were smoking, drinking alcohol and doing not good things. And since they were her friends, she spent a lot of time with them. She became more aggressive, non talkative and I worried about her.

    But one day she went to a summer camp. She spent there two weeks and when she returned home, I couldn’t believe my eyes. We spent a day together talking. She told me about the camp and how much she loved it. Actually the founders were very religious people from the USA. Their churches are all around the world, and one was in Kiev too. In their church such things as smoking, drinking are strictly prohibited. She also told me how many kind and bright people she met there. And how peaceful and joyful was the atmosphere.
    She didn’t even wanted to continue smoking and decided to stop communicating with her bad friends.

    She became more religious and more positive. She stopped arguing with her parents and started to study harder. I saw sparkles in her eyes and it made me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend. Her name is Jennie and we have been besties since elementary school. But like all relationships that need a test of strength we had a hard time with each other.
    When we were in the ninth grade of school we were always together and hanged out with each other most of our time. We were not so popular in school, so we didn’t have boyfriends as our super popular classmates who were so mean to everybody and everywhere. But it was enough for us…As I thought.
    Jennie was always super cute, outgoing and relaxed sort of person who liked singing and photography. She was complimentary and nice to everyone. So it was a real surprise for me that one day we started to drift apart with no reason.
    Jennie started to avoid me. Furthermore, she started to hang out with mean girls of our class. I was trying to talk to her but nothing worked. After she had been absent in school for two weeks I couldn’t recognize her. Jen was a shadow of her former self. She looked so exhausted. Her complexion seemed greyer, drawn and her eyes were tired. She had lost weight. She looked like she hadn’t been sleeping for a long time. I was trying to speak to her, but she was only yelling at me. So I stopped my attempts.
    Jen was hanging out with mean girls more and more. And one day, I was embarrassed to the whole school by Jennie. It was really hard to understand why she had done this to me. I didn’t want go to school so I stayed at home and the only one thing I could do is crying. But suddenly Jennie came to my house and started to apologies. She explained why she did all these things to me. I had a crush on James from our class and I asked him out and we were even about dating. But it turned out that Jen had a big crush on him too. She felt really bad every time when I started to talk about him. And I didn’t notice it! She blamed herself for liking him and started to avoid me. The she said that she had been so jealous when she had seen us together. So I forgave her.
    After that we became friend again. And Jennie looks even better than earlier. She looks younger and she has the spring in her step and energy that I remember. Her eyes are sparkling and she can’t stop smiling. She started to date with guy from the other class. I think that even I have changed. I understood that I wasn’t good friend as I should have been. I became more attentive and knowledgeable person. And now, I’m happy with my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My older brother Alex always wanted to be a polygraph. So it wasn't surprise when he ended school with best grades and got the best place in Wolf company. Then he was happy that he get well-paying job. But there is dark side of situation. He hasn't more time to have rest or doing some hobby. And everything changed in two months.

    When the third month of work is coming he has changed. His enthusiasm was decreased, his eyes become more red, and he was unfocused on reality, always thinking about next working day. On celebrations, he was very tired and some kind of half-sleep. He has lost some weight and changed psychically. After two months he become angry and after some situations he yells on other people.

    Then I write an email to him, in which I described him situation that will be in the future. Of course, he ignored it and continued work. After three months he become like walking dead. After this situation he told me that I was right in email, and he thought about finding less hard work. And he got job in other polygraph company. After three months in
    sanatorium I don't recognize him. He was very energetic and full of enthusiasm. I never expect that he leave his job only for my email and tried to hear opinion of other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend, Evan, was always a very outgoing, energetic and smart person who loved spending time with books about programming and philology, so I wasn't surprised when he began to study at the FIVT. He was very happy to be engaged in one of his favorite affairs. But then everything changed.
    When I visited Evan two months ago, he was a shadow of his former self, exhausted from studying. His hair was going grey and he rarely smiled even when we went out together. As Evan said, he had lost the spark of enthusiasm for studying programming and he wanted to go to the philological institute. But he was afraid to make a courage leap into unknown and radically change his future life. So he went on studying at FIVT.
    One day he called me and said:"I made it!!". He got courage and entered the philological institute as he wanted. I was really glad to hear that.
    I saw him two months ago. The change in Evan was amazing. He had a spring in his step and his eyes sparkled again. I never expected he'd be brave enough to change everything, but I think it was right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The person who changed the way I see myself and the world is my coach of karate. Before I met him, I was quiet reserved and non talkative person. I was concerned about people's thoughts about me, my personality and the way of my communication with people. I didn't even notice great time of childhood.
    The first time I come to the gym I paid attention to a happy children and teens. They were so excited to learn something new about this kind of sport and tried to do their best to develop their skills. I was scared a bit because of knowing nothing about karate, but all my future colleagues were very kind to me. My coach helped me to learn a lot of things about self-defense, taught me to be calm and even-handed person. He promised me that he will help if i have problems with bullies.
    Its almost three years I do karate and I became self-confident and healthy. I don't care about people opinion anymore. I am glad that I have such support in my life.

    Victoria Troitska

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m going to tell you about the best friend of mine, Karina. She is medium height and quite slim. She has short , pink hair. She always wears glasses because of poor eyesight. She is really pretty, with a very striking features. Karina looks a bit like Cara Delevingne. She is very considerate and warm, I really like to spend time with her. Also she’s very reliable and straightforward. I can be sure that she will always tell me the truth and that she will support me in any situation. To be honest, I can’t say anything bad about her. She’s really very kind.
    I have known her for about 12 years now, since kindergarten. She have changed my outlook, she proved to me that people can be outgoing and honest without the benefit of yourself. I’m very active and prefer to spend my free time outdoor. But with her I feel comfortable at home, where we like to watch films and drink tea. I am very glad that we meet each other and we still have perfect relationship.
    Anna Kirianova

    ReplyDelete
  8. My older sister is a person I admire. She is a strong, purposeful but at the same time a kind person. And this is the person who changed me.
    I used to be not very sociable, not self-confident, I was afraid of what other people think about me and because of this I spent all of my time with the computer, in a virtual world where I had nothing to fear. At the same time my classmates spent time together. I also wanted to be with them but I was afraid. And , one day, I told my sister about it. She cheered me up, she said that I have nothing to fear and I will become a friend for everyone. I listened to her and it happened. I have a lot of new friends. After that, I completely changed, and I'm grateful for that.
    Zhenya Nagornyy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The person who changed the way I see myself is my old friend Kate. I spent with her every day of the summer also autumn and winter holidays. We shared secrets,rode bikes and just had a great time. Even though she was 4 years older than me,we had fun together. Kate was cheerful and positive person,had many hobbies, well studied in school and lived an active and healthy lifestyle. However, at one moment we have rarely seen.And then everything changed in her life.
    When we accidentally met with her 3 years ago, I was shocked by her story of her life. The circle of her friends and life position completely changed. She dropped out of school, began to lead a riotous life, smoked and drank alcohol. In addition to lifestyle changed her character. She became agressive,sad and lost respect for parents. After seeing I started to persuade her to change, but then Kate didn’t even want to hear about it.
    But several months ago she offered me a walk together. I was surprised and agreed. When I saw her I was very happy because she changed only to the best side, I recognized my old friend with whom we had a fun time. Kate resumed her studies and began to lead a healthy lifestyle. And I'm very glad she could change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To start, it’s a fictional story and I personally hate this person. There will be some specific stupid “humour”. I apologize in advance.
    On one of my common boring days, I randomly found some streamer called Arthas, the Velichashiy, destroyer of RuHub, doomed to be in hidden pool for eternity and other titles. So, I spent hours and hours watching this guy and absorbed any chunk of information he had given. It totally changed my perception of reality for the better. From that moment I knew, that it’s not me so selfish and foolish to play bad and didn’t recognize that fact, it’s just another four tards. So, I’ve became toxic enough to have relationship with every ever existing human in the world. Also, I eventually got into different habits. For example, every time I hit some big piece of food, I shout “Nya, otletayesh ocherednyara”. Beyond that, when I throw rubbish into bin and it get just into the hole, I scream like gorilla and loudly pronounce “VI-KA”.

    To conclude, Vitalyi “Papich” Cal turned my life upside down. I realized, that having persecutory delusion is not a problem and being rude is one and only way to deal with random dudes, so they will disappoint in life and bump into wall with their head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oprah Winfrey is one of the richest and most powerful American women. Her life story leaves people speechless. A few years ago it wasn't easy to lend a dream job for black women in America but she showed everything is possible.

    At a glance, she wasn't destined for great success. Oprah had a difficult childhood in great poverty. There wasn't any TV on a farm where she lived and the best gift in Oprah’s life was from grandmother who had taught her to read. Despite such a miserable childhood, this ambitious young girl didn't give up.

    When Oprah lived with father she had to learn five new words every day unless she would stay without dinner. She worked on herself, day in day out. At the age of sixteen the President Nixon invited Oprah Winfrey to the White House as an outstanding American teenager.

    In this day and age, Oprah Winfrey is one of the most famous woman in the world. There is a spring in her step and her eyes sparkle with happiness. Her story inspires me. When I had heard about her success I changed the way I see myself. Now I like reading her quotes and this is my favourite one : “You cannot blame apartheid, your parents, your circumstances, because you are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities. If you know that, you can do anything.”

    ReplyDelete
  12. My opinion about myself have been forming since my born. It wasn't really good. And I thought that it wouldn't change.

    I always had probles with friend and I tried to find out why. I didn't like myself. I needed a person who say "shut up" every time I start to critic myself. And I've found that person. It's my new old friend with whom I haven't spoken for about 5 year since she had changed school. Not long ago we've resurected our relashionships and she really helped me to change the way I see myself. She helped to see the difference between me she knew 5 years ago and me now. I saw that now I'm better and more talkative then before. Any way, I think it was the moment when I started to like myself. And I'm really grateful to her.

    And she wasn't the only one. It's my family and classmaters too. But of course it stars from me, because no one can convince me but me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My parents and grandparents are very good people. They are very kind, generous, helpful people and I was brought up in the same way. But it's not cool. I mean, it's terrible. I had never said "no", when people asked me about help. Because I couldn't. On the one hand, it's positive feature, but on the other, many people don't appreciate what you did for them. It's really unpleasant.

    I have a friend, his name Arty, we became friends, when I was 4 years old. He's really good talker and last summer, we discussed relationship among people. He told me a lot of examples from his life. He convinced me, that I don't have to do everything, what people ask me just to please them. That conversation made me try to say "no" to people. And you know, it's much better than be softie, because many people don't do anything in return.

    Personally for me it was really important problem. And thanks to Arty I realized that I don't owe anything to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my life there were many events that changed my perception of the world and myself. But my old friend Arthur was the most important.

    Long time ago I was very shy and not sociable. It was hard for me to meet new people. In unfamiliar companies I felt very insecure. In short, there were quite a lot of problems in the social plan. My friend was very sociable and self-confident, sometimes even too much. Every day I became less compressed in myself and it was easier for me to start talking to people I did not know. A few months later, I had many friends. Every day I became more confident in myself and my abilities. To know the world has become easier. I changed my mind about people and became a more open person, began to support the discussions and express my own opinion.

    It's difficult to talk about what I would have been if I had not met Arthur. But I can say for sure that this meeting was a very significant event in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every person helps you to change. Your friends, parents and even people you meet on the street.
    I personally helps to change and the man who all my life next to me. This is my grandfather. For me, this man is the most expensive in my life. He's going through with me all my failures and rejoice for me in all my victories. All of my 16 years, he next to me.
    And let it be said that people in old age old-fashioned and do not understand anything in the modern world. I believe that these people have lived more than we do and they are better versed in those or other situations. As for me, it's the people with experience, with extensive experience.
    And the grandfather's story does not compare to anything else. If you tie all these stories into one, you can write a book and not just one.
    For me, this man will forever be the one that changed my life. To be more precise, it is pushed to change and to change their lives better.
    P. S. I wrote all this with pride, because I am very proud of my grandfather. He deserves it. Thank you for your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The person who changed the way I see myself, especially my lifestyle is Bea Johnson, the founder of the movement zero waste. The main idea of this movement is reduce the amount of waste in our everyday life and give a chance for our prosterity live on green and beautiful planet.

    Bea has always been optimistic person who ready to try something new. But her family had been just like almost American ones before 2008. One day Bea understood that her house full of useless things and she decided sell all of them. It was the first step. Later the woman started interested of ecological problems and it pushed her to take a leap into the unknown. Her family started live without waste.

    Of course she encountered a misunderstanding. Some people said that all she has been doing is senseless and she could never change this world. But Bea as a strong and confident woman continue to follow her great plan and create a blog where she has told people about her ecoroutine. The audience has grown lightning fast. Hundreds thousands people all over the world started lead zero waste lifestyle and I think it just beginning.

    This year Ms Johnson was in Ukraine. She lad a lecture where told about her system which called the five R’s: refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle and rot.

    I admire this beautiful, clever and courage woman who always smile and can charge with a positive using just her sparkling eyes.

    And what about my changes? Now I am so far from my perfect ecoroutine but I do my best to become more ecofriendly and I am sure that one day I will reach the ideal!


    ReplyDelete
  17. I can not say that now in my life there is a person who changed my life. Yes, all of who I meet at least a little but change my life, but cardinally it has not been changed by anyone.
    But not so long time ago, I met a person who may have changed my life more than anyone else. This summer I met my future friend in a camp. It was very frightening me that he from Lviv because we can not see it often. In the camp we talked very often on difference personal topics and found their solutions together. I can not say that he specifically changed my life.But this is one of the few people I can call a friend

    ReplyDelete

  18. ⠀The person who changed my mind about me is my friend. Her name is Masha. We lived with her in the neighborhood, so we were friends since childhood. Every day we went to walk and spent some time together.
    ⠀My admiration was always creativity, but because of uncertainty, I had not developed in this area. The biggest problem was that I could not find exactly what kind of direction I would like to do.
    ⠀She always supported me and suppressed my soul. One day she offered to go to the school of arts together. Subsequently, through her support, I approached her enthusiasm. I started to develop in this area. I tried myself in various arts. I painted, photographed and embroidered.
    ⠀A couple of years later, I found myself and exactly what I want to do. I have changed my attitude to hobbies and preferences. First of all, I changed my mind about myself. I am very grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In my childhood I met a very nice person. Her name is Vick. Our parents also know each other. Later we became friends. We walked every day and supported each other. When I was 11, I studied at the 4th grade of the music school. The studying was very difficult, so I did not want to finish this school. Vick knew that. I have a musical talent. Vick decided to help me. She went to study with me. Always helped and attended classes with me. After what she did for me, I believed in myself and my talent. I began to understand music and study well. I do not communicate with this girl anymore. But I will always remember that thanks to her I became more confident in my talent. I have succeeded in this direction. I started to believe in myself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our life consists of a large number of actions. Often our actions depend on the actions of people in our environment.
    But one of the people of my environment was the one who brought me the most.
    Before I met him, I was always at home and did not communicated with my peers. After a couple of walks with him, I became more social. He is older for a couple of years he gave me a couple of tips. I learned to communicate with my peers. I found many new friends. In general, he
    strongly entailed my worldview. We are still in very good relations. I am very grateful to him for all the time spent.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The person, which I would really like to meet again is my childhood friend .We got on well from the very beginning and I’m sure if we kept in touch we would still have a lot in common.Vlad was not that kind of person, which one could notice easily.As most of us back than, he didn’t pay too much attention to wnhat was wearing.
     The thing that made his so special was her character.His kindness and courage was unusual.He would never just pass by, when someone was unhappy or bullied.Even if he was to get beaten up, he would always defend others.Also he had a great sense of humour and was very intelligent.One would never get bored with his.Vlad was a splendid companion, no matter if we were learning together, or just having fun.
     Back than we shared most of our interests.We would just sit for ages reading books or drawing, exchanging ideas and laughing.There was a bond between us that let us understand each other even without words.
     I regret losing contact with his.I’m certain that if I hadn’t move house, we’d still be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A person who has really changed the way I see myself is Dan Brown. Because I took a lot of fundamental ideas of our world from his books. He is not the same author like the others, his compositions can inspire many thoughts and teach you thinking multifacetedly.

    After reading Brown's books I had became more thoughtful and it's no wonder because this writings are full of plot twists, riddles, mysteries and different teories. Based on this fact, your brains produce different minds and bait you to always chooses one of turns.

    Dan Brown is one of my favourite writers. In his books I can find something extremely new for myself and replenish my knowledge. I can learn history, geography, signings science and many others by reading this books. Dan is a master of his genre. Mixes of genres, constant intriguing can be not only lifechanger but can be nice entertainment. I became more comprehensive and became more interested in many aspects of humanity life.

    This is one of those who paramountly influencing on my outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok. I don't really know the person who has changed his image. I know my frinds. They have been changing step by step. And only when I look through the years I can say :"Yeap, I see some difference between my friend now and five or seven years ago". So I'll tell you about the doctor. He is the main character of TV series. He changed his image twice. And when I said "changed" I mean at all. He has changed his thinking, character, haircut and even the face. I can trully say that doctor is my idol. Because every time he "reborn" I am crying. I don't know why. I just realised that he changed start accustom to him. And he do it again.
    He teach me many important thing in life.
    I don't now what to say but he is the best)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment